9/17/08

The Treasure Principle

Our church is studying this book, The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn, in our small groups and I am loving it. If for no other reason, God has used it in my life to draw me nearer to Him. However, it is more than that as He is also using this book to teach me a better perspective on money and where we are to fix our eyes. Life gets busy and hectic with 3 kids, homeschooling, and trying to fit everything in. And unfortunately, my walk with the Lord was suffering terribly.

(I've added a link to my sidebar of this blog if you're interested in learning more about this book.)

I was excited to find out that we were studying this book, and have used it along with the study guide as my morning devotional time. I've always wanted to take the Crown Ministries class or Dave Ramsey course, but have never found one available that didn't fill up before I got the chance to sign up.

I'm finishing up studying chapter 1, as we started a bit late. It is based around a wonderful parable that Jesus uses in Matthew of what the kingdom of Heaven is like:

Matthew 13:44
"The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."

2 Comments:

Mom said...

It is a nice book. I like it too. I'm in Chapter 2.

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

I am liking this as well. And the getting up early thing is definitely a work in progress. It's amazing that my poor snooze button still works at all!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.