I'm keeping this one short, sweet, and to the point. I have never been a bacon person. Sure, I love eating it when I'm out, but I detest cooking it. It always splatters all over my stove, me, and it's just a pain to clean up!
Then I watched the Food Network show by Barefoot Contessa HERE. She cooked the bacon on a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet in the oven. Finally, a no mess way to make bacon! I've been using this method ever since (minus the maple glaze).
(Photo courtesy of FoodTV.com)
If you've never cooked bacon in the oven, you've got to try it!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take a cookie sheet and place a flat cooling rack on top.
- Lay the bacon out on the cooling rack - the drippings will fall into the cookie sheet as it cooks.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes (on until desired doneness).
- Lay out on paper towel to further drain off fat. Enjoy!