2/26/09

Money Saving Tip! - CVS & ECB's

How many times have you gone to CVS for one of the freebie or money maker ECB deals only to find the shelves completely bare?! Well, I've got great news for you!!

Did you know that you can get a Raincheck for the ExtraCare Buck items and still earn those ECB's?! Yes, they will actually write the ECB code on your raincheck and it will print for you even after the item goes off ECB earning status. So, next time you see the shelves bare for those ECB deals, ask for a raincheck and see if your store will honor the ECB code found in the flier by the item's description. The cashier should be able to push the code through to print your ECB. The limits are still set, so you can still only earn as many ECB's as the original ad allows.

If you have any problems with your CVS store, you can call the corporate office at 1-800-SHOP-CVS.

Be sure to check out my weekly Saturday posts for the "Best Of" CVS Deals for the following week. I lay it all out for you so there's no guesswork involved. You can find them HERE!


5 Comments:

Dana said...

I need to put the corporate number into my cell phone. No store has ever given me a raincheck for ECB deals. Good to know that they should be! Love your blog...

Mom2fur said...

Who knew? Thanks for the heads up! I'm always missing out on deals.

Nonna said...

Stephanie,
I just cashed in on this last week...My original item was Loreal Age Perfect and I got a raincheck for two because I could never find them in the stores... $15.99 get $15.99 in ECB's. It was on sale for $13.99 last week and they printed $14.00 in ECB's for each one. If you don't ask, you won't know and they were very pleased I got such a good deal after so many months ! ( the retail price went up, no surprise, to $16.99 regular price ) !!!

Unknown said...

The best part of the rainchecks is you can use them when you have a good coupon... they don't expire. PLUS, they round up to the nearest full dollar, so if you should be getting $2.59, you get $3!

MelRae said...

If at all possible, cut out the part of the flier with the ECB offer and the "event code"...it is a tiny seven or eight digit number in parentheses. That "event code" when entered, should give you the deal, no problem. I am going tomorrow to get a few ECB deals (or rainchecks)!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.