2/25/09

Works For Me! - Trick to Natural Peanut Butter

In my turn to go more natural, I began to purchase the Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, which my kids love.

However, my husband never had the taste for the gloppy, oily substance that forms on the top. It didn't even occur to me that the jar says to "stir and enjoy." So, instead of stirring each time, we simply stir really well once and place it in the refrigerator. Now, whenever we have peanut butter sandwiches, we just open up and spread with no oily mess! An added tip is to take the lid off and pop it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds to take the chill off, then spread and enjoy. With this method, my husband will now eat the natural peanut butter!

Thanks, Wendy, for this great tip that works for me!!

3 Comments:

Mom said...

Another idea is to, and I have been doing this for like 5 years now..just store the jar upside down..the oil will float to the "top" which is the bottom, so that when you open the jar...you have what you want on the top to spread. Upon the first opening, stir it up, then store upside down after that. I buy the Publix brand creamy and this works for me.
You can always stir the jar each time if you feel like it needs to be done. At room temperture...it's really easy to stir it.

Laura C said...

I got a tip from a friend of mine that Skippy Natural doesn't need stirring and has just a touch of sugar which made it perfect for my hubby. So we recently bought 18 jars when Walgreens had that special.

Amy Ellen said...

We store our PB jars upside down too. Then, when we open one up, it is so much easier to stir. In our family of six, we eat a jar every two days or so... there's no time for the oil to separate back out!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.