3/11/09

Works For Me! - Healthy Italian Burgers

I am not normally a creative cook as this has been been a talent God has not gifted me with... However, one night a few weeks back, I was scrounging to make a meal out of what we had in the pantry and freezer. Here's what I found:

1 lb. ground Turkey
1 pkg frozen Spinach
1 14.5 oz can chopped Tomatoes
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Just enough hamburger buns!

That's all I needed to make these fabulous and healthy Italian Turkey Burgers!

So, I took these ingredients, thawed out the spinach and squeezed it dry and drained the tomatoes. Then, I threw it all into a bowl and mushed it together with my hands, added about a tablespoon of Italian seasoning and just enough garlic powder. Mixed it together again. The meat mixture is quite wet from the added tomatoes and spinach, but you're still able to form 8 patties. I threw them in a skillet, and tada! We had some yummy Italian burgers. I might mention that we added a little bit of shredded mozzarella on top, but you could certainly substitute Parmesan cheese. To make it even more healthy, since I'm a Weight Watcher, you can use Arnold's thin bread rounds (which are only 1 point in W.W.) in lieu of hamburger buns.

My whole family loved it and the burgers were so moist and delicious! Did I mention they just happened to be healthy too?!

I'm sorry I don't have a picture, but this works for me!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good. I am always trying to find new and interesting meals for my family. The ingredients are pretty common, which is always a deterant for me when it comes to new recipes. Thanks!

Trina said...

I'm gonna have to try this! I think I have everything I need, including the sandwich thins (I love those things!). Thanks for sharing!

Trina said...

I was going to make these this week, I have everything I need. Do you know how many points these are without the bun?

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.