3/3/09

Works For Me! - Putting Music to Memorization

My husband is a drummer, guitar player and all-around amazing musician, and as my friends know, I love singing. So, being a musical family, we always seem to have a song in our step! We also have a love for the Word of God and love to hide it in our heart, so when it comes to memorizing scripture, I've always enjoyed trying to come up with a little melody to go along with the verse. Yesterday, my daughter and I were working on this week's verse and she decided that she wanted to come up with the song. So, of course, I let her, and she did a pretty great job! We have fun memorizing all sorts of things through song, and this Works for Us!

2 Comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. It looks like you have some great tips! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Christy said...

That is so sweet of your daughter. I love to sing too, unfortunately for those around me, I don't sing so well.
P.S. my verification word is "nocksing". That sounds alot like "not sing", I think someone is trying to tell me something.

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.