8/6/09

My Publix Deals!

I have recently decided to change my grocery budget to $50/week from now on (used to be $80/week). I know I can do it, but it will take a little more work on my part to meal plan. For me, meal planning is "Step 2" in the process to lower my grocery bills. I know, I know, it sure took me a long time to get to Step 2... :) I've been coupon shopping for over a year now!

Anyways, you'll find that this shopping trip exceeds the $50, however, I purchased enough meat/protein to last our family for over 2 weeks I hope.

That all being said, here are my deals!

Click on picture for larger image.

TOTAL IN GROCERIES = $189.62
Total Savings in Coupons = $91.79
+
Total Savings in Advertised Sales = $24.62
TOTAL SAVINGS = $116.41
TOTAL OOP = $73.21
A Savings of 61%!

Here's the Breakdown:
  • Starkist Seasations, 2 pk (20): Raincheck BOGO $5.99 - 20 $3/1 from 6/21 RP = FREE/20
  • Starbucks Ice Cream, 1 pint: $3.79 - FREE Q from Facebook promo = FREE/1
  • Honey Bunches of Oats Pecans (2): BOGO $3.99 - 2 $2/1 Printable HERE = FREE/2
  • Publix Eggs (2 dozen): $1.39/1 = Paid $2.78/2
  • Kraft 2% Shredded Cheese, 7 oz (2): $1.67/1 - 2 $1/1 Printable HERE no longer available = Paid $1.34/2
  • Lender's Bagels, 6 ct: $2.09 = Paid $2.09/1
  • Iceburg Lettuce: $1.49 = Paid $1.49/1
  • Eastern Peaches: $1.29/lb = Paid $2.39
  • Red Seedless Grapes: $1.49/lb = Paid $3.49
  • Bananas: $.69/lb = Paid $1.86
  • Baking Potatoes, 5 lb bag: $2.50 = Paid $2.50/1
  • McCormick Vanilla: $2.79 = Paid $2.79/1
  • Welch's Grape Jelly, 32 oz: $1.50 = Paid $1.50/1
  • Betty Crocker Cake Mix: $1.95 - $.50 wyb cake mix & frosting Printable HERE = Paid $1.45/1
  • Betty Crocker Frosting (2): $1.50/1 - $.50/1 Printable HERE = Paid $2.50/2
  • Publix Bakery Pizza Dough (5): $2.59/1 - $3/$10 Deli/Bakery purchase Food Lion Printable HERE = Paid $9.95/5
  • Boar's Head Ovengold Turkey (1 lb): Paid $8.41 - $3/$10 Deli/Bakery purchase Food Lion Printable HERE = Paid $5.41
  • Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (2): $1/1 - $1/2 Printable HERE = Paid $1/2
  • Publix Peanut Butter (3): $2.79/1 - 3 $1/1 Food Lion Printable HERE = Paid $5.37/3
  • Lance Sandwich Crackers (4): BOGO $2.89 = Paid $5.78/4
  • Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta (2): BOGO $1.79 - $1/2 Printable HERE = Paid $.79/2
  • Greenwise Ground Chuck: $3.99/lb - $1/$5 Food Lion Printable HERE = Paid $13/4 lbs ($3.25/lb)
  • Greenwise Chicken Drumsticks: $1.89/lb = Paid $10.40
  • Publix Milk, 1 gallon: $2.89 = Paid $2.89/1
I used 2 $5/$25 Walgreens coupons HERE.

8 Comments:

loreli said...

Great job......i thought I was good with $71 in savings and $53 oop

Silly Q.......do you freeze the pizza dough to use for future use??

loriescoup@gmail.com

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

Loreli ~
I do freeze the pizza dough. I let it thaw overnight in the fridge when I'm ready to use it. It's great!

Tracey C. said...

Hey Stephanie, thanks for the link to the cheese coupon.. by the way, I just printed 2!! It's still a good link, don't know if it was reset, or just that I hadn't printed it before. So, thank you! :)
Tracey C

Anonymous said...

The last time I tried to use the walgreens coupon at my publix in Jacksonville, they wouldn't let me. How do you get your's to accept the coupon?

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

Tracey ~
I'm glad you were able to print. I guess I have just printed it as much as I can. Thanks for the heads up. I'll change that in my post.

Anonymous ~
Some stores do not consider drug stores a competitor. We all know that they are as they sell much of the same items such as food, toiletries, etc. I've spoken to my store manager and they realize that Wags and CVS are competitors. They have also always been very generous regarding coupons. It doesn't hurt that Wags and CVS are right around the corner from my store's location.

I would speak to your store manager and request that they reconsider their policy on drug store competitor Q's. You can let them know about their reward programs and how often times it's worth your while to shop there instead for certain items. However, you'd prefer to shop at Publix for those items.

Unknown said...

Steph
I had a great Publix trip today- spent $88 and saved $78! I had 2 $10/$50 Winn Dixie coupons which was great, but also lots of other Q's too. They don't make me split up the transaction which is great! Keep up the great work, and thanks for all you do :)

Mommy-Wise said...

Hey, do you happen to have any Starkist I can borrow?? ;o)

Candi said...

So glad I wasn't the only one to buy into the Starkist Seasations. You should come over and check out some of the recipes I came up to utilize my crazy stockpile!!!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.