10/2/09

Food Storage Tip! - Pumpkin Leftovers

Shopping the after-season sales is a great way to save money! I bought 10 large cans of Libby's Pumpkin last year (They don't expire until 2011!) at only $.25/can. Quite a deal, I thought. The problem is, I don't ever seem to use the whole can at one time, and I don't like being wasteful either - even if it was a steal of a deal.

So, with just a little bit of research, I came across these storage tips!

Do you have any food storage tips that you'd like to share with us?

4 Comments:

Robin said...

I have had a hard time finding Pumpkin this Season. I resorted to real pumpkins a few weeks ago. I froze some of my leftovers but I really did not know what I was doing. I should have checked Libby's!

Preparedness Pro said...

Way to go on scoring the canned pumpkin for $0.25! Love hearing other couponing success stories. http://bit.ly/Ls0Aq

Nonna said...

I have read recently that the pumpkin crops were NOT good this year and therefore, even canned pumpkin will be scarce and pricey too.

Your wise buying last year has really paid off...good job !

Here is where I go for food storage ideas:

http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

I remember last year many people talking about a slow pumpkin crop, yet I never saw a decrease in pumpkin at my grocery stores. Hopefully, we'll all be able to get our hands on pumpkin this season! I don't know what I'd do without it! YUMMMM!! :)

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.