10/24/09

Give Thanks by Giving To Others!

In the month of November, I will be highlighting a few of my area's local food banks and storehouses for those in need. As Thanksgiving approaches, I want to encourage you to take on a giving heart. God calls us not only to be good stewards of our money, but also to give to the poor and those in need.

I don't know about you, but since I've started couponing and saving over $400/month on our grocery budget, our pantry and toiletry shelves have been overflowing!!

In Proverbs 31:20, God's Word says in speaking of a noble woman, "She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy." I think so often we (I) get trapped in our (my) own world of chores to do, lists to make, errands to run, families to feed, etc. that we (I) forget that there's a whole world out there that we can reach for Christ's sake.

I know many of you are already stretching your pennies as far as they can go, but with the deals we get on a regular basis, I'm sure we can find a box of potatoes, a can of green beans, stuffing, or other pantry items for less that $1.00!

I encourage you to find out about your local food bank, shelter, or other pantry ministry in your area and give. And between now and Thanksgiving, drop off your item(s). Where God provides for us, let us not forget to bless others.

If you would like to join in on "Thankfully Giving," feel free to copy and paste the button at top onto your site and post about your local food banks, shelters, etc. in need.

1 Comment:

AbundantFoodsavings said...

Hi Stephanie,
we grabbed the button and put up a post - we'll be adding the button to a perma spot for November on Monday after we're done w/ Halloween.
We're giving grocery gifts cards to our readers along w/ a charity challenge how to spend it idea. And we'll highlight at least one local org. each Thursday. Thanks for this great idea!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.