1/8/10

Mini Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies

My New Year's Resolution was to start eating more naturally and learning to, ahum... enjoy cooking (the second is not very easy for me). Well, I'm happy to say that I am learning new ways to make great food naturally and having fun with it, believe it or not. Here's a super yummy 3-ingredient dessert my whole family loves!


Adapted from a recipe in Ellie Krieger's book, So Easy. (This is one of the cookbooks I invested in to help me enjoy eating and cooking naturally - more on that later...)

Here's what you need:



Ingredients:


1 box Back to Nature Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 c Breyers 1/2 the fat All Natural Vanilla Ice Cream

1.5 oz Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped finely
(choose a high Cacao % if you choose another brand)

Instructions:

Remove ice cream from freezer and let stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. In the meantime, chop chocolate finely. Line a freezer-proof container with wax paper. Place 1 cookie face-down and scoop approximately 2 tablespoons ice cream onto cookie and top with another cookie, pressing slightly to flatten. Roll the edges of your cookie sandwich in chocolate to cover sides. Place in freezer container and put in freezer to harden.

*Yields 10 cookie sandwiches.

Total Cost = $3.99

0 Comments:

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.