2/2/10

Looking For Your Input

Dear Readers,

I am working on a new money saving recipe collection, and would like your help. If you have a recipe or know of a fabulous blogger who does a wonderful job of showing off their favorite recipes, please let me know in a comment. You might just be highlighted on CouponSavingGame.com!

In January, I figured it was time for a site-evaluation. And what I decided was... this site is truly missing the general everyday saving tips that we all NEED to help us out financially. Coupons are great, and I'm NOT giving them up!! Afterall, we've saved thousands this past year with the use of coupons. However, I also love to find great money-saving tips and recipes to help our family save more and learn to live with less. I'm not a super creative person, so this does take me time and research to come up with ideas. I've only touched on this in the past, but would like to make it an integral part of the saving game.

I would love your help and ideas as I launch into this new arena.


Thanks for your help,

Stephanie

4 Comments:

David E. Hyler (Son, Dad, Honey, Brother) said...

I love your blog and want to leave you with a money saver we use every month. We love a good breakfast but sometimes it needs to be fast. We make breakfast 'wraps' or 'burritos' and freeze them for easy heat up in the microwave.

Ingerdients:
1 lb of your favorite sausage (or bacon, ham its your choice) ($1-1.29 for Jesse Jones)
1 doz. eggs ($1-$1.50)
12 large flour tortilla shells ($1.29 at Aldis)

-Beat 1 doz. eggs in bowl and season to taste
-Cook and drain sausage over medium heat.
-Add eggs and cook until fluffy and well done
-Lay wraps on wax paper and add 2 tablespoons of eggs and sausage mix to middle of wrap
-(Here you can add cheese if you want)
-Fold ends and roll from sides so that there are no openings.
-Wrap in wax paper and put in Ziploc Freezer bag
-Put in Freezer (yields about 12-15 wraps)
-To reheat, place frozen wrap in microwave oven and heat for about 2 minutes and let set of 1 minute (if you are heating more than 1 add 1 minute for each wrap)

These wraps will cost about .30 each without cheese and about .40 with cheese. I hope your readers will enjoy this quick and good breakfast.

David Hyler
www.davidyouritpro.com
(434) 710-4408

Kelly (&Dan!) said...

Hi Stephanie!
I love that you're going to incorporate more cooking into your blog! As a new cook, I love posting recipes I've tried out on my blog, among other things about my house. I don't always post about cooking, but if you check out my blog you'll see that I'm kind of an all-around cheapskate (and proud of it!), so if you're looking for submissions or anything I'd love to have the opportunity to work with you! Please keep me posted. Thanks!
-Kelly
www.9-oh-6.blogspot.com

amanda torres said...

I would by no means call my site wonderful, but I do post recipes (amongst other stuff). I also coupon, so most of my meals are purchased with coupons and competitor ads. love your blog though...It is what I call wonderful!

Unknown said...

I love your idea of incorporating recipes and money saving tips on your blog. I'm very excited to see what people come up with. Thanks so much for a great blog.

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.