5/15/10

"Jesus Calling" - One of My Favorite Things!

I said I was going to let you in on more of my life and who I am, then I left you with a mug... I'm sorry. My life has been hectic with the end of the school year, trying to get all our schooling done before the end of May... and the list could go on.

My mom recently noticed how stressed I had been lately, and sent me her own copy of this incredibly wonderful devotional called "Jesus Calling". Then, she quickly went out to her Christian book store and bought another copy for herself! She had told me how encouraging it was to her, so I thought I'd give it a read. Did I mention how much I love my mom?

With very short one-page devotionals, I am encouraged and refreshed each morning! With it being so short, I find myself looking up the Bible passages listed at the bottom of each page for reference (something I normally don't take the time to do). Of course, once I'm in the Bible, I keep reading and it turns into a very sweet time with my LORD.

This book, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young is my favorite devotional for the time in my life - A crazy woman and mom with 3 young children at home with constantly too much on my plate. Don't get me wrong, I actually do love having a lot going on, but it can wear me down some days.

If you ever feel discouraged, stressed, sad, or feel the weight of the world on your shoulders, take rest in reading this devotional. You can find excerpts of it on Amazon HERE.

1 Comment:

Cheryl @ Simply Shoeboxes said...

Sounds like a great book. I remember those home schooling days. Taking time for scripture and prayer each morning actually seemed to make for more time and calmness. Glad you found a solution.

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.