8/16/10

12 New Things

I thought it might be fun to throw a little personal goal of mine on this blog... and feel free to join in over at LikeAWarmCupOfCoffee.com!

Before I begin, I'll just tell you that I put a lot of thought into this list and it's already a bit overwhelming to me. However, I'm committed.

  • August '10 - Learn how to make this adorable bag! I'll post pictures by the end of the month...

  • September '10 - Learn to be organized and stick to our Homeschool Schedule. (Believe it or not, this would be a new skill for me in my 3 1/2 years of homeschooling!)

  • October '10 - Learn to make homemade bread that my family loves. This will bring a lot of trial and error!

  • November '10 - Learn how to make at least 3 shoe boxes for Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child for under $10 total!

  • December '10 - Learn how to make all extended family/friends Christmas gifts by hand with a budget of no more than $5/person. (i.e. canning, cooking, baking, sewing, crocheting, something crafty)

  • January '11 - Learn how to create a designer clothing look at a significantly lower price. This one should be fun!

  • February '11 - Learn how to sew pillow covers.

  • March '11 - Learn origami and teach it to my kids.

  • April '11 - Learn how to sew pillow case dresses that are as cute as this one! I love that my girls can where these in the summer, but also in the winter with leggings and a long-sleeve shirt underneath! And I might even try to make matching dresses for their dolls. We'll see... I might be a little too ambitious on this one.

  • May '11 - Learn to make a beautiful Photo Collage for my wall.

  • June '11 - Learn how to dive. I know, I know, I should already know, but I've always been afraid to go head first... I children's swim instructor swore she could teach me in one day, so I'm going to let her - this month.

  • July '11 - This is so far away for me... Learn to hula hoop!
I realize some of these may seem quite simple to you, but with my hectic life, I can only do what I know I'll have time for. I'm really excited about having a project each month and plan on posting pictures of the finished result at the end the months.

1 Comment:

Sarah Mae said...

So glad you are joining - I just love seeing what everyone is learning!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.