5/18/11

Starting my OCC Shoebox Today!

The other day, I challenged you all to fill a shoebox for an Operation Christmas Child in another country to send out at the end of the year. And just so you know that I am filling my own shoebox (along with my kids' boxes) I'll be keeping you updated with pictures on how it progresses and hopefully fills to the brim! I have a $5.00 out of pocket goal for this challenge in order to keep it cost effective and to help those who are filling multiple boxes. It doesn't need to cost much to reach a child for the Gospel. However, please feel free to spend more as the Lord leads you.

Funny enough, my husband had ordered some shoes over the weekend and they came in the mail today! So, I decided to use his shoebox for my challenge. (I don't think he'll mind!) It's a large box from Timberland, so it will allow me to pack it full with LOTS of goodies! Before I show you my progress though, I have to shoe you the inside of the box. It just struck me as pretty cool...

I opened it up, took the shoes out and here's what it said on the bottom!

I couldn't have come up with a more appropriate tagline. I've decided that God must've chosen this box for this challenge. ...really, I don't know, but it seems to fit well with the theme. I'm so often challenged in my own personal walk with the Lord to keep my perspective on God's Kingdom, rather then this temporary world. With one shoebox, I can further His Kingdom through the life of a child. And if we all fill a shoebox, imagine how many children can hear the wonderful news of the Gospel!! That's a pretty good footprint to leave.

So, back to filling up the box... I looked through my toiletry stockpile and found a few items that would go perfectly in my shoebox. Here's a picture of what it looks like now.

I know, still pretty empty... but I have until November to pack it full! And now onto the cost factor:

Here's my cost breakdown for these items:

  • Colgate MaxFresh Toothpaste: ($1.00) This was a money maker deal for me, so I'm actually in the negative! Woohoo!!
  • Reach Toothbrush: $0.00
  • ChapStick 100% Naturals: $0.00
  • Yardley Bar Soap: $.69
I'm at -$.31 so far.

How are you doing with your shoebox? If you'd like to blog about filling an Operation Christmas Child Shoebox and link back, please let me know and I'll add a linky to the bottom of my posts! I'd love to see lots of participation in this fun challenge!!

For more details on how to fill an Operation Christmas Child Shoebox, Click HERE.

2 Comments:

Ashley said...

Hi Steph, I'm completely new to couponing and have only done it for about three weeks. I use your website all the time!I have a binder that's filling up, but I haven't bought much yet. My mother and I always do as many boxes as we can for OCC, but with coupons we can do so much more! I'm looking closely for anything I can get and I hope I can pack a lot of boxes for under $5! We have a baby due in July, so any bit will help. I'm going to start a blog today to keep me motivated. Thanks for your help! -Ashley

Anonymous said...

I just love the line on the bottom of that box! how fitting...it really was meant just for your OCC box! God never ceases to amaze me! Thanks for sharing...and as always, thanks for all the great deals!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.