6/16/11

My Publix Deals! (Organic & Natural Choices)

In my attempt to continue to work toward eating healthier and providing healthier options for my family, I have tried to choose all natural and organic foods this week. I'm not sure if it will become a permanent change, but I'm hoping to keep working in this direction. And since I'm still in the learning process of the organic/natural products on the market today, I'll be even more so on the lookout for coupons and start requesting them from companies as well.

Click on picture above for larger image.

TOTAL IN GROCERIES = $111.25
Total Savings in Coupons = $8.95
Total Savings in Advertised Sales = $30.39
TOTAL SAVINGS = $39.34
TOTAL OOP = $71.91
A Savings of 35%!!

Here's the Breakdown:
  • Bakery Pizza Dough (2): $1.99 = Paid $3.98/2
  • Breyer's All Natural Ice Cream (2): BOGO $5.99 = Paid $5.99/2
  • Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice, 59-oz (3): $3.00 - 3 $1/1 Peelies on bottles = Paid $6/3
  • Smart Balance Milk, 1/2 gal: $2.50 - $.75/1 Printable HERE = Paid $1.75/1
  • Friendship Cottage Cheese, 16-oz (4): $2.49 - 4 $.55/1 Peelies = Paid $7.76/4
  • Publix Salad (2): $2.00 = Paid $4/2
  • Voskos Yogurt (3): $.90 - $1/3 Printable HERE = Paid $1.70/3
  • Publix Fresh Mozzarella, 16-oz: $6.29 = Paid $6.29
  • Arrowhead Mills Steel Cut Oats: $4.59 = Paid $4.59
  • Publix GreenWise Tortilla Chips (2): $2.00 = Paid $4/2
  • Green Bell Pepper: $1.49/lb = Paid $.55/1
  • Publix GreenWise Whole Chicken: $1.99/lb = Paid $8.82
  • Driscoll's Red Raspberries (2): $2.00 - 2 $.50/1 Printable HERE = Paid $3/2
  • Blueberries (2): $2.00 = Paid $4/2
  • Broccoli (2): $2.00 = Paid $4/2
  • Arnold Honey Wheat Bread (2): BOGO $4.29 = Paid $4.29/2
  • Near East Brown Rice Pilaf (2): BOGO $2.19 = Paid $2.19/2
My Menu Plan this week includes:
  • Pizza Night w/Fresh Mozzarella & Spinach
  • Egg Scramble w/Bacon & Toast w/Strawberry Freezer Jam
  • Roasted Organic Chicken w/Couscous & Salad
  • Eat Out for Father's Day
  • Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
  • Pasta Night (Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Sauce, & Grassfed Beef Meatballs w/Steamed Broccoli
  • Leftovers
If you are trying to "go organic," please let me know as I have been considering a weekly organic/natural post to add to the Coupon Saving Game.

Let me just preface, by saying that I do not consider myself an extreme "green" person. However, I am interested in what is in my food and have found that most of it is super strange stuff. I would much prefer to feed my family (and myself) a healthier "whole foods" diet rather than preservatives and other things I can't pronounce.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I love using your website, but I struggle to save money and feed healthy meals to my kids. This is a great idea! I will be copying much of your meal plan this week! Thanks!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.