7/14/11

Menu Plan Thursday!

(Photo courtesy of ThisWeekForDinner.)

BREAKFAST:

We'll be rotating these 4 breakfasts throughout the week.
LUNCH:
  • Turkey & Cheese Sandwich and Organic Apple Slices w/Peanut Butter
  • Homemade Tomato Soup* w/Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
    *We tried this new recipe for tomato soup last week and it was a hit with everyone in my family! It was so full of flavor. It turned out more orange in color than red (I guess from the carrots), and the taste was super delish! This will be a new favorite staple soup for my family. I love that it's packed full of veggies too! I can see myself making a large batch and freezing it for convenient lunches.
  • Peanut Butter & Jam Sandwiches w/ Broccoli & Ranch Dressing
  • Applegate Organic Hotdogs w/Tortilla Chips & Pickle
DINNER:
Please note that I have very picky eaters in my family. 3 out of 5 family members are not fans of tomatoes or almost any vegetable, so my menu plans try to work around getting veggies into the meals wherever possible - sometimes hidden under a sauce or cut very small for disguise! Salads are about the only safe option not needing disguise, but even then, I see the dressing being poured on... Ugh! I guess you can't win them all.
For my past menu plans, Click HERE.

2 Comments:

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

Thanks for the tomato soup recommendation, I'm adding it to our meals this week! :)

Love your new menu plan posts!

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

I know you'll love it. I don't have a handheld immersion blender, so I used my blender and blended in batches. Also, FYI, I made a double batch that fed our family and had some leftovers for me for lunch the next 2 days! :)

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.