(Photo courtesy of ThisWeekForDinner.)
We'll be rotating these 4 breakfasts throughout the week.
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Hard Boiled Egg, Plain Greek Yogurt w/Honey, and Homemade Toast
- Cascadian Farm Cereal w/Organic Milk & Fresh Fruit
- Whole Wheat Apple Muffins - I'll be using 100% Whole Wheat Flour. w/Fresh Cut Fruit
- Turkey & Cheese Sandwich and Organic Apple Slices w/Peanut Butter
- Homemade Tomato Soup* w/Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
*We tried this new recipe for tomato soup last week and it was a hit with everyone in my family! It was so full of flavor. It turned out more orange in color than red (I guess from the carrots), and the taste was super delish! This will be a new favorite staple soup for my family. I love that it's packed full of veggies too! I can see myself making a large batch and freezing it for convenient lunches.
- Peanut Butter & Jam Sandwiches w/ Broccoli & Ranch Dressing
- Applegate Organic Hotdogs w/Tortilla Chips & Pickle
Please note that I have very picky eaters in my family. 3 out of 5 family members are not fans of tomatoes or almost any vegetable, so my menu plans try to work around getting veggies into the meals wherever possible - sometimes hidden under a sauce or cut very small for disguise! Salads are about the only safe option not needing disguise, but even then, I see the dressing being poured on... Ugh! I guess you can't win them all.
- German Meat Balls w/Egg Noodles & Fresh Organic Salad Greens
- Pizza Night w/Whole Grain Crust from Publix - I usually add spinach as a topping for our veggie. - or serve w/Fresh Salad
- Lean Cheesy Chicken Sausage Ziti - I may tweak this recipe a bit to fit my family's liking.
- Chicken Stir Fry over Brown Rice w/Mango on the side
- BLT on Whole Wheat Bread (Optional: Add Avocado) - I'm not sure what I'll pair up with this yet...
- Chicken, Mushroom, and Pepper Alfredo over Whole Wheat Wide Noodles
- Caprese Paninis w/Fresh Organic Salad Greens & Organic Apple Slices