(Photo courtesy of Pillsbury.com.)As our family gears up for school starting in another week, lunch menus have been on my mind. This is the first year that all 3 of my children will be in school, so I'm a little beside myself with planning. We've always homeschooled, and lunches were never really planned out... This will be an adjustment for me! I ran across this article on packing healthy and fun lunches and I think it will be a good starting point for me. For those more experienced mom (or dads) out there - if you have tips on healthy lunch ideas for kids, please, please share them with me in a comment!
(Here's a handful of breakfasts we'll have this week.)
- Overnight Bagel Bake w/Honeydew Melon Chunks
- Cereal w/Organic Skim Milk & Sliced Bananas
- Muesli Parfaits - Great to make the night before for a quick and easy breakfast in the morning!
- Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins w/Turkey Bacon
(We will rotate through these lunches for the week.)
- Peanut Butter Celery Boats (w/"Ants" on top, aka raisins), Peanuts, and Apple Muffins
- PB&J Sandwiches w/Grapes
- Turkey Wraps w/Kettle Chips
- Sweet 'n Spicy Chicken over Brown Rice
- Hamburger Sliders w/Grass-Fed Beef, Alexia Fries, & Honeydew Melon Chunks
- Blueberry Pancakes & Scrambled Eggs
- German Meat Balls w/Egg Noodles & Fresh Organic Salad Greens
- Homemade Pizza
- Egg Salad Sandwiches on Whole Wheat Bagels w/Carrot Slices (Simple & Easy Dinner Night)