9/8/11

Menu Plan Thursday!

With the cooler morning weather, I feel like gettin' cozy with my food choices for this week's menu. So, for that reason, I've chosen some comfort foods that include firing up my trusty crockpot! I'll be making many of my meals this week with the ease of slow cooking. My meals include Crockpot Oatmeal, Chili, Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore, and Tortilla Soup.

Plus, my oldest baby girl will be turning 9 years old this coming Tuesday! I can't believe how big she's grown... She wants cupcakes for her birthday, so cupcakes she will get. Look below for the recipe for Rainbow Cupcakes. - This was a change from what was previously decided on.

BREAKFAST:
(We rotate through breakfast options.)

LUNCH:
(We'll rotate through these lunches this week.)
  • PB & Honey Sandwich, Greek Yogurt w/Honey & Berries, Kettle Popcorn, & Carrot Sticks
  • Turkey Wrap, Cheese Stick, Grapes, Homemade Trail Mix, & Cookie
  • Hard Boiled Egg, CLIF Bar, Cottage Cheese w/Pineapple, Carrot Sticks, & Kettle Chips
DINNER:
(Since the temperature is cooling down where I live, we'll be enjoying it with 3 soups/chili throughout this week's menu plan. There's nothing like a soup and sandwich combo!)
  • Chili (I'll use 2-lbs ground grass-beef w/1 can kidney beans.) over Thin Spaghetti & Topped w/Shredded Cheddar Cheese - This is like Cincinnati-Style Chili.
  • Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore w/Whole Wheat Penne
  • Crockpot Tortilla Soup (video recipe) w/half Boar's Head Chicken Sandwich
  • Grilled Chicken Breasts w/Roasted Potatoes & Steamed Broccoli
  • Homemade Tomato Soup w/Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
  • Homemade Fish Sticks w/Salad
  • We'll be eating out! My oldest baby is turning 9 years old on September 13th. Oh my!
BAKING:
  • Rainbow Cupcakes (made with 100% soft white wheat pastry flour) - These look so cool!!

0 Comments:

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.