1/14/09

Works For Me! - Oven-Baked Bacon - YUMMMM!

I'm keeping this one short, sweet, and to the point. I have never been a bacon person. Sure, I love eating it when I'm out, but I detest cooking it. It always splatters all over my stove, me, and it's just a pain to clean up!

Then I watched the Food Network show by Barefoot Contessa HERE. She cooked the bacon on a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet in the oven. Finally, a no mess way to make bacon! I've been using this method ever since (minus the maple glaze).

(Photo courtesy of FoodTV.com)

If you've never cooked bacon in the oven, you've got to try it!
Here's how:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Take a cookie sheet and place a flat cooling rack on top.
  3. Lay the bacon out on the cooling rack - the drippings will fall into the cookie sheet as it cooks.
  4. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes (on until desired doneness).
  5. Lay out on paper towel to further drain off fat. Enjoy!
This method of making bacon works for me!!

3 Comments:

UnfinishedMom said...

Yep. I've been doing it this way for a few years now. I love it. It frees up space on the stove and my time! The only difference is that I use my Pampered Chef stone bar pan and I don't have to use an oven rack.

TuTu's Bliss said...

I have heard this. I use the drippings for white breakfast gravy (sounds so healthy doesn't it). I'll have to try this.

Anonymous said...

I think I need to try this method, Thanks!!!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.