8/5/08

My CVS Deals!

This is my first time playing the CVS Deal Game! I'm so excited to say that I stayed under $5 OOP for my purchases, and even received $5.79 back in ECB's!! Woohoo!!! Not bad for a 1st timer without any ECB's to begin with. So, I made $.95 overage!
Here's what I got:

And now for how I got all this with money to spare!

Transaction #1
  • Chex Mix (1 bag) - 2/$3 - MFR Q $.50/1 = 1.00 OOP
  • Dawn Liquid Soap - $.88/1 - MFR Q $.50/1 = $.38 OOP
  • Crest plus Scope Toothpaste - $2.49/1 - MFR Q $1/1 = $1.49 OOP (received $1.50 ECBs)
  • Colgate Total Advanced Toothpaste (2) - $2.99/1 - 2 MFR Q $1.50/1 = $3.00/2 (received $4.00 ECBs)
  • Applied $2/$10 Q
Total OOP Transaction #1 = $4.66
ECBs Earned = $5.50


Transaction #2
  • Children's Advil - $5.79/1 - MFR Q $1/1 = $4.79 OOP (received $5.79 ECBs)
  • Sure Deodorant - BOGO $2.89 - 2 MFR Q Blinky $1/1 = $.89/2
  • Applied $5.50 ECBs from Transaction #1
Total OOP Transaction #2 = $.18
ECBs Earned = $5.79

8 Comments:

Tara said...

Wow! Way to go! Quite a first trip.

Unknown said...

Great Job! We dont have a CVS near us but we have a walgreens and I really want to learn how to do the walgreen thing! Ah well. I would love to participate in your homeschool thingy on Mondays! I will add your blog to my sidebar! Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah @ Fiddledeedee said...

Too funny...I was just typing an email to you to see if you wanted to go to CVS with me tomorrow - but it looks like you're a pro already!

Great job ;)

Homemom3 said...

On the transactions do you just have them rung up as different orders? I've seen several blogs that have transaction 1, 2, &3 or more. I'm subscribing to the comments. Great first trip, waiting on my card to come in the mail. Ordered one yesterday.

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

Hi homemom3!

To answer your question - Yes, the transactions are done separately so as to use the ECBs (Extra Care Bucks printed at the end of your receipt) earned from the previous transaction toward the next transaction. Does that make sense?

The CVS Game was a hard one for me to wrap my mind around, but slowly I've been figuring it out by watching what others do. Now that I have $5.79 in ECBs, I'm hoping to keep my spending (OOP) below $5.00 each time I go.

Let me know if I can help you figure this out (but no promises as I think it'll take me a few more visits before I really get the hang of it). Oh, and you should be receiving a $4/$20 Coupon with your card in the mail.

The Financial Diva said...

Great job on the first visit! Don't forget that there is a printable coupon for the Children's advil for $1 at http://www.wyeth.com/specialoffers?rid=/wyeth_html/home/user_group_landing/for_pc/coupons.html.

By the way, the limit is actually 2 for that so you can buy another one any time this month, use the $1 coupon and make another $1! Super job!

Ti'eshia

Teresa & Julie-Andi said...

Financial Diva,

Thanks for your encouragement on my first trip to CVS and for the tip on where to find another coupon!

Daphne said...

I just started shopping at CVS this month too! Looks like you're doing a good job!!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.