6/19/09

Money Saving Tip! - Swap w/ Friends

How much stuff do we have that we don't really need or appreciate?! I grew up sharing my clothes with my sister, but why not do a similar swap with other items amongst friends? Personally, I would LOVE to have a swap with some friends.


Here's how it might work:

  1. Decide what types of items you and your friends would like to swap, i.e. household furnishings, children's clothing, toiletries (I'm sure we all have a few extras!), movies, music, etc.

  2. Choose up to 3 items you are willing to give away, but be sure they are tasteful, clean, in working condition, and items you can part with.

  3. My favorite part! - Get together with your friends and bring your stuff! Laugh, have fun, plan, and SWAP! Everyone gets a turn to swap with each other and you all go home with a new little something to decorate your house, clothe your children, etc.

  4. Whatever is left over you can donate or take home and continue to use.
I'd love to know if any of you have tried this with your friends before? Please share your stories!

Do you have clothes or kids items you'd like to swap? Check out these sites HERE and HERE! Truly, this idea sounds like a lot of fun to me. I have plenty of "stuff", so who wants to swap?!

1 Comment:

annies home said...

today I also heard of a company allowing you to swap your clothes so that you always have new ones to wear

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.