10/3/08

Saved an Additional $110 in September!!

The savings keep coming! I'm so excited to share and hopefully encourage all of you new coupon gamers out there that the savings will come. I absolutely believe that it is a process that does not happen overnight. We had been paying over $600/month on groceries and now are at $320/month for our family of five.

In August we saved over $250 in our groceries and toiletries spending. This month we saved an additional $110 making it a savings of $360 more than what we were spending before coupons. On top of that, our debt is decreasing substantially. We still have a little ways to go, but pray and believe that God will bring us to the goal of being debt-free again. (Yes, we were debt-free at one point...)

For those of you who don't know me real well, I'll just share a little bit about a blessing in my life... My husband and I have 2 beautiful biological daughters and adopted our beautiful son from Guatemala 1 1/2 years ago. God has blessed us with 3 amazing children, and I can't imagine my life without them.

Due to the expenses of adopting internationally, and us starting out our adoption process with merely $3,000 in our savings account, God showed us his complete provision to bring in over $34,000 (I tear up just thinking about it...) in order to bring our son home. We scrounged for every penny during the journey to bring him home, never went out to eat, spent minimally on gifts, and held many garage sales to help save money. Of course, throughout our adoption all extra money went toward our adoption expenses, which didn't leave any extra for non-scheduled expenses.

Well, in the midst of adopting we ended up needing a new air conditioner, termite control, and some car repairs. This all ended up going on the credit card. So, here we are over a year later trying to pay it off. And once again God is providing through The Coupon Game.

Everything we have belongs to Him. If we lose all that we have, let it be for His sake. As Randy Alcorn states in his book, The Treasure Principle, "God owns everything. I'm His money manager."

1 Comment:

Kim B said...

I'm a newbie to couponing and new to your blog so thanks for this awesome info on you and your life and how you're using coupons to make good money choices for your family. I hope to follow your example as hubby and I try to get debt free ourselves :) GOD BLESS!

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.