1/7/09

Works For Me! - My Morning Routine

I've shared with you my quick and easy breakfast sandwich in a previous post HERE, but now I thought I'd share my morning routine. Or at least it's my goal for my morning routine!

First of all, let me just let you in on a little secret of mine... I am not a morning person! Surprisingly, I used to be, but with kids, I just need a little "me" time in the morning before I'm bombarded with "Mom, I'm hungry!" along with multiple requests for a specific cereal bowl, cup, juice, cereal, vitamin, etc. If you're a mom, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

There are evenings when all I want to do is plop into bed and ignore that the kitchen is a disaster! However, it makes my morning all the more worse to wake up to a sink full of dirty dishes and the immediate need to clean in order to have a cup of coffee. Okay, so it's not usually quite that bad. But in order to make the coffee, I tend to make a little noise, which then wakes up my light-sleeping kids, and you know the rest.

So, I've come up with a evening/morning routine that works for me. Maybe it'll make your mornings a little easier as well!

The night before:
  • Clean all dishes and start dishwasher before heading off to bed.
  • Clean off dining table and set out cereal boxes, bowls, cups for kids to wake up to. (Yes, this means very minimal functioning in the morning!) If your kids are old enough, they can pour their own cereal.
  • Pre-make coffee and set timer on coffee-maker or just turn on in the morning.
In the morning:
  • Turn on the coffee-maker & have coffee in a matter of minutes!
  • Have some quiet time. (Mine usually includes the Bible, prayer, and sometimes getting the bills paid.)
  • Kids wake up and breakfast is all set out for them! They won't need to ask for a thing because it's all set out for them.
So, if you're not a morning person, this may just work for you! Let me know if it does! Check out more great ideas of what works for others at Works for Me Wednesday!!

3 Comments:

Mrs_Scotsman said...

I'm curious what time do you go to bed, what time do you get up and what time do the kiddos wake up?

BlueCastle said...

I am so with you on this. If my kitchen is a disaster, I'm a mess. :)

I need to try your morning routine of coffee and devotions. I, too, need that downtime before everyone gets up.

Joanna J. said...

This is great advice. I find a clean and organized kitchen gets my day off to a good start! I am never able to have quiet time in the morning, though.....naptime is my favorite time to grab a cup of coffee and have devotions.

 

Blog Design By Restored 316 Designs © All Rights Reserved.